ECOCEAN relies on generous support from a variety of individuals and businesses to carry out our research and education work for the conservation of whale sharks. We are seeking your support to achieve our objectives.
BECOME A SUPPORTER
You can be an ECOCEAN supporter and help to maintain the research and develop our educational programs. Your annual contribution will be used to produce awareness materials aimed at informing and engaging community members in marine life conservation.
- Online education for whale shark conservation – whaleshark.org.au
- The world’s largest global database of whale sharks – ‘The Whale Shark Photo-Identification Library’.
- Free Field Guide for distribution at visitors to Ningaloo – highlighting the unique species and how to minimize impacts when seeing them within the World Heritage Area at Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park.
Please contact us about your interest in becoming an ECOCEAN supporter.
Your company can become the major sponsor of ECOCEAN.
There are different ways to support to our research and educational programs:
Direct Funds Sponsor – Help us to keep tracking the whale sharks using satellite tags. Each tag costs $5.000 to be installed in each animal, and the information provided is very important to maintain the research.
Gear Sponsor – Companies can provide material needed for our scientists in field. Including: vessel/vehicle accessories and services, gear, accommodation and travel.
Please contact us about your interest in becoming an ECOCEAN sponsor.
Benefits for your company
- Your company will be acknowledged at our annual 2017 fundraiser ‘Oceans Alive 17’; in all ECOCEAN promotional material, social media and website.
- Staff members from ECOCEAN are available to give formal presentations at your workplace where possible.
- Staff from your company would have the opportunity to swim with whale sharks with ECOCEAN’s lead whale shark expert Brad Norman.